Did you know…
84% of homes in Florida will experience a pest issue each year.
13% of homes in Florida will be invaded by termites and of those, 22% will be structurally damaged.
The most common pest issues experienced by homeowners are:
This relates to:
- 8.5 million Florida homes will have a pest infestation each year.
- 1.3 million Florida homes will be attacked by termites each year.
- 300,000 Florida homes will receive structural damage from termites each year.
According to industry statistics:
- The average cost to treat termite damage is $3,000.
- The average cost to repair structural damage caused by termites is $30,000. Termite damage is not covered by homeowners insurance.
- The average cost to exterminate a significant rodent infestation is $9,000.
- The average cost to exterminate a general household pest (ants, spiders, wasps, etc.) is $600.
- A home that has had significant termite damage may have a lower resale value.
- A home with a termite protection plan is viewed more favorably for resale; buyers feel protected.
- If your neighbor’s neighbor has termites, most likely your home does too (and your neighbor, and their neighbor, and so on). Termites forage up to 300 feet in all directions.
- Your DIY pest control neighbor is most likely repelling his insects to his neighbor’s properties by using repellant insecticides or “green” products. His desire to save a few bucks is increasing your exposure.
Protect Your Home From Unwanted Visitors
The cost to protect your home from general household pests, rodents, and termites is typically less than $2/day but nearly half of Florida homeowners do not have a pest/termite control plan in place. This puts everyone at higher risk.
If you are buying a home (existing or new), your due diligence should include a thorough pest, rodent, and termite inspection from the most qualified pest control company you can find. Ask the inspector to provide a firm quotation for general pest and rodent control along with a termite protection plan. If any infestation is present or treatment is needed, ask for a firm quote so you understand the cost to treat/repair the issue. The cost may be much higher than you may have expected.
360PestControl is a full-service pest/rodent/termite control company serving Jacksonville, Lake City, Middleburg, Gainesville, St. Augustine, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Crestview, Orlando, Fort Pierce, and more. Request service online or contact us at (904) 637-1109 for same-day emergency pest control services.